The Colorado Asbestos Air Monitoring Specialist (AMS) Refresher Course is required for annual recertification as an AMS professional. The Colorado AMS course is designed to prepare students for the Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) division-administered certification exam. The Refresher course will review key components of the initial AMS course curriculum, and provide current up-to-date information on any regulatory requirement changes, changes in work practice procedures, and all other relevant changes to the AMS curriculum.
The Colorado AMS Refresher Course is 4 hours in length. The course provides a thorough review of key information covered in the AMS Initial course. The course includes real-life practical experience that you will be able to apply to your work procedures. The material will be presented through a variety of instructional methods to keep you actively engaged throughout the training. Air monitoring protocol will be a key component of the class to help tie the learning to real work activity. Keep your certification current. Register for the annual Colorado Asbestos Air Monitoring Specialist course and get recertified!
July 28, 2017
||Friday||8:00 am - 12:00 pm||Denver, CO||$140.00 (USD)||Register|
The purpose of this 4-hour Colorado AMS Refresher course is to prepare you for the state exam and renew certification. The course curriculum will cover a variety of topics including:
- Understand roles and responsibilities of the AMS
- To become familiar with characteristics of asbestos, common locations and uses
- Understand asbestos exposure and associated health effects
- Understand building systems and components
- Know legal, liability and relationship responsibilities
- Understand control options and responses
- Understand specification components
- Report interpretation and development
- Prepare for State of Colorado administered exam
Colorado Asbestos Air Monitoring Specialist Refresher Overview
- Background of Asbestos
- Common Locations of Asbestos Building Components
- Adverse Health Effects Related to Asbestos Exposure
- Understanding Building Systems and Components
- Contract Specifications and Documents
- Asbestos Abatement Response and Control Options
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Other Safety and Health Topics
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Air Monitoring Specialist
- State-of-the-Art Air Monitoring Techniques and Strategies
- Visual Inspection and Clearance Air Monitoring Protocol
- Legal and Insurance considerations
- Recordkeeping Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get certified as an asbestos Air Monitoring Specialist?
To become properly trained and certified as a Colorado AMS, you will need to attend an approved Air Monitoring course by the state. Once you receive your training course completion certificate, you can apply to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) to take the certification exam. Once you pass, you will be certified for 12 months in which you will need to renew annually. The refresher AMS training course is 4 hours in length.
Where can I find additional information and requirements?
There are education, training and experience requirements for certification as an Asbestos Air Monitoring Specialist. These requirements differ between new candidates and ones already certified. For specific information on requirements that apply directly to you, please visit the CDPHE web site at https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe
Great, to the point examples. The teacher had excellent knowledge of real life scenarios.
The instructor was excellent. He was very informative and provided step by step instructions. I would recommend this Lead Certification Class to others that need it.
The instructor was great. He offered complete info that was easy to understand. He is also a Lead Renovator and was able to provided real world applications.
The instructor was excellent and provide lots of helpful information and demonstrations. I would recommend this lead class to others.
The instructor was amazing. Very chill and easy to understand. The instructor was very good with explaining and answering questions. All of the information was understandable. I would recommend this class to others.