The Asbestos Management Planner Refresher Course is designed to recertify individuals who write asbestos management plans for schools or other buildings. This AHERA course focusses on asbestos survey interpretation, hazard assessment, legal implications, control options, roles and responsibilities, operations and maintenance plans, regulatory requirements, recordkeeping, submission and financing abatement activity.
The Asbestos Management Planner Refresher Course is 4 hours in length. The course provides a thorough review of key information given in the Asbestos Management Planner Initial course. It also provides current information of regulatory changes, changes in work practices, and any other relevant changes to the Asbestos Management Planner certification. This AHERA course includes extensive real-life practical experience that you can immediately apply to your work activity. The material will be presented through a variety of teaching methods to keep you actively engaged as the course moves along. Management Plan component review will be presented to students in this course as part of the curriculum to help tie the learning to real work activity. Keep your certification current. Get recertified today!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this 4-hour Asbestos Management Planner Refresher course is to renew certification. The course curriculum will cover a variety of topics including:
- Understand roles and responsibilities of the asbestos management planner
- To become familiar with characteristics of asbestos and uses
- Understand asbestos exposure and associated health effects
- Understand building systems and components
- Know legal, liability and relationship responsibilities
- Understand control options
- Understand management plan components
- Report interpretation and development
Asbestos Management Planner Refresher Overview
- Functions of the Management Planner
- Evaluation and Interpretation of Survey Results
- Hazard Assessment and Response Action Evaluation
- Legal Responsibilities of Management Planners
- Evaluation and Selection of Control Options
- The Role of Other Professionals in the Management Planning Process
- Developing and Implementing an Operations and Maintenance Program
- Regulatory Review of OSHA and the EPA
- Recordkeeping for the Management Planner
- Assembling and Submitting a Management Plan
- Recordkeeping and Reporting
- Regulatory Review
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get certified as an asbestos Management Planner?
To become a properly trained and accredited management planner you will need to seek training from a training provider that offers courses approved by the EPA or a state to conduct asbestos training pursuant to the Asbestos Model Accreditation Plan. Most states also require a license to perform this work. Your training course completion certificate is a general prerequisite to applying for such a license. The asbestos management planner training course is 2 days in length. EPA Accredited asbestos training courses are offered in five separate disciplines; Asbestos Abatement Worker, Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor, Asbestos Inspector, Asbestos Management Planner and Asbestos Project Designer. Some states may refer to these training disciplines by different, yet similar names.
How do I know if my state has additional requirements?
Many states administer an asbestos program including having additional requirements to become licensed as a licensed asbestos management planner. The Environmental Protection Agency has compiled a list names and contact numbers for states that administer their own asbestos program. If your state administers their own program, you should contact them to identify state-specific requirements for becoming licensed.
Instructor clearly explained topic.
Instructor was great, very joyful, kept the class on point. Everything was explained to understanding. Excellent 8 hrs! Thank you!
The instructor made sure we understood everything that was being taught. He was nice and made sure to go over everything. Great class!
A lot of information was given in a clear and easy way. The instructor was wonderful. Super knowledgeable and presented in a relaxed but not boring way.
Very easy to understand. Lots of useful information.