Individuals seeking recertification as a Lead Abatement Worker must be recertified before your current certification expires if you wish to continue conducting lead-based paint activities. This course provides training for those individuals that will plan to perform lead abatement work. This Lead Abatement Worker refresher training course provides information on lead-based paint abatement and regulatory requirements.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this course is to train individuals to abate lead-based paint hazards safely. This Lead Abatement Worker refresher training course is intended to:
- Comply with EPA or state/Indian tribe training, accreditation, and licensing requirements
- Provide knowledge to do your job properly and safely
- Train you in the laws and practices that apply to lead-based paint hazard control projects
EPA Lead Abatement Worker Certification Refresher Course Overview
- Role and responsibilities of an abatement worker.
- Background information on lead and its adverse health effects.
- Background information on Federal, State and local regulations and guidance that pertain to lead-based paint abatement.
- Lead-based paint hazard recognition and control.
- Lead-based paint abatement and lead-based paint hazard reduction methods, including restricted practices.
- Interior dust abatement methods/cleanup or lead-based paint hazard reduction.
- Soil and exterior dust abatement methods or lead-based paint hazard reduction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional education, experience and training requirements to become a Lead Abatement Worker?
Lead-Based Paint Abatement Worker
Who administers the lead-based paint activities program?
EPA administers the lead-based paint program only in areas where states, territories or tribes are not authorized by EPA to operate their own lead abatement programs. The states administered by EPA include: Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Wyoming or American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Marianas and Tribal Lands.
Real world examples and scenarios were useful. The instructor did great. He walked through the course with pertinent information.
Instructor answered my questions clearly and concisely. Instructor taught with enthusiasm and was a joy to have lead the class.
The whole course was easy to follow and all my questions that I had were answered. I feel that the instructor did a very good job today. No complaints. Easy understanding of what needs to be done.
I recommend this lead certification to others needing the training.
Instructor did an excellent job. Good info. Excellent. 10/10.