This lead Dust Sampling Technician certification course is required for those individuals who want to conduct non-abatement lead dust clearance testing. Lead dust clearance testing is often performed to find out whether lead dust remains after renovation, repair, or painting. It is required by HUD for most renovations. This Lead Dust Sampling Technician course provides information on conducting a visual inspection, collecting lead dust samples, methodologies and reporting requirements.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this course is to train individuals on lead dust sampling techniques and methodologies including:
- Federal, State, and Indian Tribe regulatory requirements for lead dust clearance testing
- How to conduct a visual inspection and correctly identify visible dust, debris, and deteriorated paint
- Where to take dust samples and how to develop a sampling strategy
- How to collect dust samples in accordance with standard acceptable procedures
- Result interpretation of a laboratory analysis for lead in dust
- Conduct an appropriate lead dust clearance test in post-renovation and other circumstances
- Write complete, accurate, and understandable report of sampling results
EPA Lead Dust Sampling Technician Certification Course
- Role and responsibility of a dust sampling technician.
- Background information on lead and its adverse health effects.
- Background information on Federal, State, and local regulations and guidance that pertains to lead-based paint and renovation activities.
- Dust sampling methodologies.
- Clearance standards and testing.
- Report preparation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional education, experience and training requirements to become a Lead Abatement Worker?
Additional education, experience and training requirements to become a Lead Dust Sampling Technician?
Lead-Based Paint Dust Sampling technician
Who administers the lead-based paint activities program?
EPA administers the lead-based paint program only in areas where states, territories or tribes are not authorized by EPA to operate their own lead abatement programs.
Who does this course apply to?
This lead Dust Sampling Technician certification course is required for those individuals who want to conduct non-abatement lead dust clearance testing including:
- Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspectors
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Home inspectors
- Individuals who are involved in evaluating buildings
The lead paint certification course was excellent. The hands-on demonstrations made sure everyone understood before moving on.
The instructor explained the course material thoroughly. He was well prepared and knowledgeable. I would recommend this course to others needing lead certification.
Overall rating of the instructor was excellent. Great job!
The instructor did a good job and was easy to relate to.
The instructor was very helpful with all my questions. He did an excellent job.