As of 1/1/2016, New York State requires all mold abatement workers to be licensed by the state. This NY Mold Abatement Worker 16-hour course is designed for individuals who will conduct mold removal activity. This NY Mold Abatement Worker course will provide you with the skills required to become a mold removal specialist and give you the ability to conduct mold removal safely and effectively.
In the State of New York, it is unlawful for any individual to engage in mold removal on a project, or to advertise themselves as a mold removal specialist unless such an individual has a valid New York Mold Abatement Worker license issued by the commissioner. Violations could result in fines of up to $10,000.00. Don’t jeopardize yourself with costly fines!
Objectives for the mold removal certification course are clearly defined and will ensure that students understand New York mold abatement worker requirements. Individuals who complete the NY Mold Abatement Worker course will strengthen their knowledge and expertise of mold removal procedures to help protect fellow workers and residents from exposure to mold contamination.
This NY Mold Abatement Worker course will provide you with the necessary training for you to be proficient at mold removal techniques designed at targeting mold contamination. These mold removal techniques include mold containment construction, knowledge of products and materials effective for cleaning and disinfection surfaces, and waste handling.
Individuals who complete the New York Mold Abatement Worker course will receive mold removal certification. This mold removal certificate will need to be provided to the state in order for you to receive your New York Mold Abatement Worker license and begin work as a mold removal specialist.
Each student enrolled in the NY Mold Abatement Worker course will receive a high-quality learning experience that is meaningful and relevant to the mold removal industry. Our instructors are highly educated mold removal specialists and are well versed in mold removal certification practices. Lesson plans are structured around real-life situations to provide students with the tools they need to succeed.
NY Mold Abatement Worker Courses are available in several different cities throughout New York State. Don’t waste another minute. Set yourself up for success and register for a New York Mold Abatement Worker course today to get licensed.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this New York Mold Abatement Worker course is to provide 16 hours of training in mold abatement including:
- Health Effects
- Respiratory protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Mold Remediation
- State-of-the Art Technology and Work Practices
NY Mold Abatement Worker Training Initial Course Overview
- Introduction, Regulations, Technical and Legal
- Indoor Air Pollution and Sick Building
- Potential Health Effects
- Hazard Communication
- Workplace hazards, PPE, Respirators, asbestos, confined spaces, lock out/tag out
- Overview of how mold remediation projects are conducted. Containment. Air Filtration
- Work practices for removing, cleaning and treating mold, and State of the Art Technology.
- Hands-on Work area Prep
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take the New York Mold Abatement Worker course?
Individuals who will conduct mold abatement as defined as the act of removal, cleaning, sanitizing, or surface disinfection of mold, mold containment, and waste handling of mold and materials used to remove mold from surfaces by an individual.
What are the steps to obtain a Mold Abatement Worker license in New York?
- Attend a DOL approved Mold Abatement Worker course. Approved training providers can be found on the DOL website.
- Pass the Mold Abatement Worker course. Full attendance is required.
- The Training Provider for the course will issue a “certificate of completion” to the Licensee.
- Licensee will then submit the application form, appropriate fee and a copy of the “certificate of completion” to DOL.
- DOL will issue the Mold Abatement Worker license, which is valid for two years.
What are the New York applicant requirements for a Mold Abatement Worker License?
- be eighteen (18) years of age or older,
- satisfactorily complete a Mold Abatement Worker Training Course from a Department of Labor approved training provider, and
- pay the statutorily required application fee of $50.
How long is a New York Mold Abatement Worker license valid?
New York Mold Abatement Worker License shall be valid for a period of two years.
I liked the inter-activeness of the course. The instructor explained the course well, in working man language.
Awesome!! Steve was great!!
I felt the instructor did very well & explained it very well.
A+ Very well presented. The course was easy to understand and informative.
I learned the true danger of lead exposure and how to protect me and others from it. Bob did a great job!