This OSHA 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training course is a comprehensive safety and health training program designed for individuals covered by the OSHA 29 CFR 1910 general industry standards. This course is devised specifically for foremen, supervisors, managers, safety committee members, safety staff and professionals, company owners, and others with responsibility for workplace safety in manufacturing, electrical, factory, warehouse, service industry, healthcare, storage and other general industry settings.
This 30-hour General Industry training program is intended to provide a variety of training to workers with some safety responsibility. Training will emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention. Instructional time will be a minimum of 30 hours.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this OSHA 30-Hour General Industry training course is to provide a variety of training to workers with some safety responsibility including:
- Hazard identification methods
- Hazard avoidance methods
- Hazard control options
- Hazard prevention techniques
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Continuous improvement of the work environment
- Program audit and evaluation
OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Training Overview
- Mandatory – 13 hours
- Hazard Communication – 1 hour. Introduction to OSHA – 2 Hours. See above 10-hour section for additional information.
- Managing Safety and Health – 2 hours. May include Injury and Illness Prevention Programs, job site inspections, accident prevention programs, management commitment and employee involvement, worksite analysis, hazard prevention and control, accident 4 investigations, how to conduct safety meetings, and supervisory communication.
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including fall protection – 1 hour.
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection – 2 hours.
- Electrical – 2 hours.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – 1 hour.
- Materials Handling – 2 hours.
- Hazard Communication – 1 hour.
- Elective – 10 hours. Must present at least 10 hours of training on the following topics. At least 5 of the following topics must be presented. The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour.
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations)
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Lockout / Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Programs
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
- Optional – 7 hours. Teach other general industry hazards or policies and/or expand on the mandatory or elective topics. The minimum length of any topic is one-half hour.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Training?
This OSHA 30-hour General Industry course is intended for workers with some safety responsibility, especially for foremen, supervisors, managers, safety committee members, safety staff and professionals, company owners, and others with responsibility for workplace safety in manufacturing, electrical, factory, warehouse, service industry, healthcare, storage and other general industry settings.
Does the OSHA 30-Hour General Industry course completion card expire?
The student course completion cards in Construction, General Industry, and Disaster Site do not have an expiration date. The form and content of additional training is left to the discretion of the student and/or employer. The student cards provided in the Maritime Outreach Training Program expire five years after the training. To retain a valid 10- or 30-hour Maritime Industry card, students are required to complete additional training.
The Outreach Training Program is intended as an orientation to Occupational Safety and Health. Workers must receive additional training on specific hazards of their job.
Instructor clearly explained topic.
Instructor was great, very joyful, kept the class on point. Everything was explained to understanding. Excellent 8 hrs! Thank you!
The instructor made sure we understood everything that was being taught. He was nice and made sure to go over everything. Great class!
A lot of information was given in a clear and easy way. The instructor was wonderful. Super knowledgeable and presented in a relaxed but not boring way.
Very easy to understand. Lots of useful information.