Individuals seeking recertification as an Asbestos Project Monitor must be recertified before your current certification expires if you wish to continue conducting asbestos-related work activities. This Asbestos Project Monitor Refresher Certification course accredits individuals who serve as an on-site representative of the building owner to oversee asbestos abatement work to insure that work is performed in accordance with specifications and regulatory requirements. The Asbestos Project Monitor interprets asbestos abatement project plans and specifications, perform asbestos project air monitoring and final clearance sampling, and asbestos abatement contractor oversight to ensure compliance local, state, and federal regulations. Certification as an Asbestos Project Monitor ensures that the individuals who conduct asbestos abatement project oversight work are properly trained.
The Asbestos Project Monitor Initial training course provides updated industry related information on state-of-the-art methods and procedures including extensive real-life practical experience that you can immediately apply to your work activity. Don’t let your certification expire, get recertified today.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this course is to refresh individuals conducting asbestos project monitor activities on methods and procedures including:
- Understand roles and responsibilities of the asbestos project monitor
- Understand asbestos exposure and associated health effects and required PPE
- Understand building systems and components
- Know asbestos abatement control methods
- Understand monitor and inspection requirements
- Understand state-of-the-art asbestos abatement methods and procedures
- Know legal, liability and relationship responsibilities
- Report interpretation and development
Asbestos Project Monitor Refresher Course Overview
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Medical monitoring
- Asbestos Project Monitor roles and responsibilities
- Regulatory requirements
- Building construction and building systems
- Asbestos abatement contracts and specifications
- Response actions and asbestos abatement practices
- Asbestos abatement equipment
- Air monitoring strategies
- Related safety and health issues
- Visual inspection process
- Legal and liability issues
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my state has requirements to become licensed as an asbestos project monitor?
Many states administer an asbestos program including having requirements to become accredited as an asbestos project monitor. The Environmental Protection Agency has compiled a list names and contact numbers for states that administer their own asbestos program. If your state administers their own program, you should contact them to identify state-specific requirements for becoming licensed as an asbestos project monitor.
To find out if your state administers their own asbestos program, visit the EPA State Asbestos Contacts page.
Very Informative. The instructor was very good.
Course was clear and direct communication with no fluff. Bill was enthusiastic and to the point.
Excellent! Clear instructions by instructor.
The instructor was knowledgeable and answered all questions. He was informative, friendly, and entertaining.
Great! A lot of info quickly.