Individuals seeking recertification as an Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Worker must be recertified before your current certification expires if you wish to continue conducting asbestos-related operations and maintenance work activities. This Asbestos Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Refresher Certification course accredits individuals who perform repair or removal of a small quantities of asbestos containing material. The Asbestos Operations & Maintenance training is designed to provide special work practices for custodial, maintenance, and construction staff where the likelihood that asbestos-containing materials (ACM) will be disturbed and that asbestos fibers will be released. Certification as an asbestos operations and maintenance worker ensures that the individuals who perform OSHA Asbestos Class 3 and Class 4 work activity are properly trained.
The Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Worker Refresher training course provides updated industry related information on state-of-the-art asbestos methods and procedures including real-life practical experience that you can immediately apply to your work activity. Don’t let your certification expire, get recertified today.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this course is to update individuals conducting asbestos operations and maintenance activities on methods and procedures including:
- Asbestos characteristics, uses and locations
- Potential health effects
- Wet methods (such as applying water to ACM with a low pressure sprayer)
- Use of mini-enclosures
- Use of portable power tools equipped with special local ventilation attachments
- Area isolation
- Avoidance of certain activities, such as sawing, sanding, and drilling ACM
- basic O&M procedures to minimize and/or contain asbestos fibers when there is the potential to disturb ACM includes
Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Refresher Course Overview
- Federal, state, and local asbestos regulations
- Proper asbestos-related work practices
- Descriptions of the proper methods of handling ACM, including waste handling and disposal
- Respirator use, care, and fit-testing
- Protective clothing donning, use, and handling
- Hands-on exercises for techniques such as glove bag work and HEPA vacuum use and maintenance
- Appropriate and proper worker decontamination procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Training required by law?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires employers to institute and ensure participation in a worker training program for employees exposed to fiber levels (either measured or anticipated) at or above the permissible exposure limit (0.1 fibers per cubic centimeter (f/cc) as an 8-hour, time-weighted average (TWA) and/or the excursion limit (1.0 f/cc as a 30-minute TWA). This training program consists of an initial training period, the duration of which is determined by the type of work the employee performs, and annual refresher training.
According to the EPA regulations governing schools, all school staff custodial and maintenance workers who conduct any activities that may result in the disturbance of asbestos-containing building material (ACBM) must receive 16 hours of O&M training (comprised of 2 hours of Awareness Training and 14 hours of Special O&M Training).
Does the Asbestos Operations & Maintenance Certification Training expire?
Yes. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires asbestos operations and maintenance refresher training every 12 months.
The instructor was very engaging, extremely helpful, funny, the videos were informative, the layout of the course well done.
Instructor did a good job explaining in detail.
Excellent. Instructor clearly understands procedures and has executed them in the real-world
Great training! Great instructor.