As of 1/1/2016, New York State requires all mold remediation contractors to be licensed by the state. This New York Mold Remediation Contractor 24-hour course is designed for companies that will conduct mold remediation activity. Mold remediation can include removing mold, cleaning mold contaminated surfaces, constructing mold containment, and waste handling of mold. In addition, this NY Mold remediation certification training includes correcting the root cause, often moisture control, of the mold contamination.
In the State of New York, it is unlawful for any contractor to engage in mold remediation contractor duties or to advertise themselves as a mold remediation contractor until the entity has a valid mold remediation contractor license issued by the commissioner. Violations could result in fines of up to $10,000.00. Don’t jeopardize your business or reputation without the proper mold remediation certification!
The NY Mold Remediation Contractor certification course objectives are clearly defined and will ensure that individuals understand New York mold remediation contractor responsibilities. Individuals who complete the New York Mold Remediation Contractor course will gain in-depth knowledge and expertise of mold remediation principles to help protect fellow workers, contractors and building occupants from exposure to toxic mold spores.
The New York Mold Remediation Contractor course will give you the expertise to be proficient at mold remediation techniques designed to eliminate mold contamination. Individuals who complete the NY Mold Remediation Contractor certification course will receive will receive a course completion certificate. This mold remediation contractor certificate will need to be provided to the state for you to receive your New York Mold Abatement Worker license and begin work as a mold remediation contractor.
Contractors enrolled in the NY Mold Remediation Contractor certification course will receive a superior training that is relevant to the mold removal industry. Our instructors are highly educated mold remediation specialists and are well versed in mold remediation contractor certification practices. The course is structured around real-life applications to provide contractors with the skills needed to excel in the industry.
NY Mold Remediation Contractor Certification Courses are available in several different cities around the New York. Mold Remediation is a fast paced and growing industry. Take advantage of this great opportunity and register for a NY Mold Remediation Contractor certification course today!
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this New York Mold Remediation Contractor course is to provide 24 hours of training in mold remediation including:
- Health Effects
- Remediation Techniques
- Protocol writing
- Post-remediation clearance
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Contractor Specifications
- Building construction
NY Mold Remediation Contractor Training Initial Course Overview
- Introduction, Sources, Conditions and Prevention of Mold Growth
- Potential Health Effects
- Workplace hazards, PPE, Respirators, asbestos, confined spaces, lock out/tag out
- Technical and Legal considerations, NYS Law
- State of the art work practices and new technologies
- Documentation, reports writing, field notes, chain of custody forms, etc
- Clearance testing and procedures
- Building construction, building sciences, moisture control, water intrusion events
- Basics of HVAC systems, inspection and assessment of HVAC
- Writing mold management plans, mold remediation plans, determining clearance criteria
- Post remediation clearance testing procedures, review mediation plans
- Engineering Controls
- Overview of how mold remediation projects are conducted. Containment. Air Filtration
- Work practices for removing, cleaning and treating mold.
- Requirements for worker protection. Respiratory program. Safety plans. Medical Surveillance
- Contract specifications, job cost estimates, liability and insurance costs
- Protecting public and occupants from mold exposure
- EPA, NYCDOH, OSHA, IICRC S520
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take the New York Mold Remediation Contractor course?
Anyone in the business of removal, cleaning, sanitizing, or surface disinfection of mold, mold containment, and waste handling of mold and materials used to remove mold from surfaces by a business. Mold remediation includes remediation of the underlying sources of moisture that may be the cause of mold that requires expertise to control.
What are the steps to obtain a Mold Remediation Contractor license in New York?
- Attend a DOL approved Mold Remediation Contractor course.
- Pass the Mold Remediation Contractor course. Full attendance is required.
- The Training Provider for the course will issue a “certificate of completion” to the Licensee.
- Licensee will then submit the application form, appropriate fee and a copy of the “certificate of completion” to DOL.
- DOL will issue the Mold Remediation Contractor license, which is valid for two years.
What are the New York applicant requirements for a Mold Remediation Contractor License?
- be eighteen (18) years of age or older,
- satisfactorily complete a Mold Remediation Contractor Training Course from a Department of Labor approved training provider,
- pay the statutorily required application fee of $500, and
- submit proof of:
- Workers’ Compensation coverage (if required),
- Disability insurance coverage (if required),
- Liability insurance coverage of at least $50,000 providing coverage for claims from the licensed activities and operations performed according to New York State Labor Law Article 32.
How long is a New York Mold Remediation Contractor license valid?
New York Mold Remediation Contractor License shall be valid for a period of two years.
Sam was a great instructor. She explained everything very well and related questions to real experiences. She is very well spoken and knowledgeable about questions regarding RRP work. Great personality.
All was very useful but procedures were setup very well so that was most useful. Samantha did a spectacular job!
Most useful is getting a way better understanding on lead control. Excellent instructor!
Covered the topics very good and easy to understand. Bob did a great job.
Instructor was very good. I have taken the course before, but good refresher.