The Asbestos Project Designer Refresher Course is designed for individuals who develop written asbestos project design specifications for asbestos abatement projects and want to renew their certificate. This AHERA Course provides updates on asbestos identification, health effects, abatement projects, design and writing specifications, personal protective equipment, safety hazards, control measures, abatement solutions, clearance testing, budgeting, preparation activity, legal liabilities, roles and responsibilities, occupied buildings and regulatory requirements.
The Asbestos Project Designer Refresher Course is 8 hours and provides a review on state-of-the-art asbestos project designer methods and procedures including extensive real-life practical experience that you can immediately apply to your work activity. The material will be presented through a variety of teaching techniques to keep you actively engaged in the course. Practical applications will be presented to students in this AHERA course as part of the core curriculum to help tie the learning to real work activity. Renew your certification today!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this one-day Asbestos Project Designer refresher course is to review and update core information. Upon completion of the course you should:
- Understand roles and responsibilities of the asbestos project designer
- Be familiar with characteristics of asbestos and uses
- Understand asbestos exposure and associated health effects
- Understand building systems and components
- Know legal, liability and relationship responsibilities
- Understand control options
- Understand abatement specifications
- Know asbestos abatement plan interpretation and development
Asbestos Project Designer Refresher Overview
- Background Information of Asbestos
- Locating Asbestos In Building Components
- Building Survey and Sample Analysis
- Potential Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
- Pre-Abatement Activities
- Designing Engineering Controls
- Containment Set-up and Abatement Tasks
- Constructing a Decontamination Unit and Waste Load-Out
- Confining and Minimizing Airborne Asbestos Fibers
- Cleaning the Work Area
- Asbestos Waste Disposal Regulations
- Abatement in Occupied Facilities
- Respiratory Protection and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Other Safety and Health Considerations
- Air Sampling/Bulk Sampling and Analytical Methods
- Post-Removal Lockdown Procedures
- Legal and Insurance Considerations
- Abatement Contract Specifications
- Regulatory Review
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get certified as an asbestos project designer?
To become a properly trained and accredited project designer you will need to seek training from a training provider that offers courses approved by the EPA or a state to conduct asbestos training pursuant to the Asbestos Model Accreditation Plan. Most states also require a license to perform this work. Your training course completion certificate is a general prerequisite to applying for such a license. The asbestos project designer refresher training course is 1 days in length. EPA Accredited asbestos training courses are offered in five separate disciplines; Asbestos Abatement Worker, Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor, Asbestos Inspector, Asbestos Management Planner and Asbestos Project Designer. Some states may refer to these training disciplines by different, yet similar names.
How do I know if my state has additional requirements?
Many states administer an asbestos program including having additional requirements to become licensed as a licensed asbestos project designer. The Environmental Protection Agency has compiled a list names and contact numbers for states that administer their own asbestos program. If your state administers their own program, you should contact them to identify state-specific requirements for becoming licensed.
Bill was very easy to understand and communicate with. He was very real about expectations.
Instructor was great. He used practical examples and stories to help illustrate.
Extremely charismatic instructor, fun course even if the content is extremely dull. He is welcomed and involved. He is energetic and kept us all awake and laughing.