Certification as a Lead Abatement Supervisor allows individuals to perform all the duties of a Lead Abatement Worker and additionally to supervise lead abatement work. This Lead Abatement Supervisor Initial training course provides information on lead-based paint abatement, occupant protection and regulatory requirements. In addition to the core topics of the Lead Abatement Worker Class, this course features advanced topics for site supervision, including: effective supervision techniques; specifications and contract documents; regulatory record keeping; regulatory review for supervisors; legal issues; insurance and bonding and supervision of abatement work site activities.
The Lead Abatement Supervisor Initial course is 32 hours and provides in-depth knowledge and instruction on state-of-the-art lead abatement supervisor methods and procedures including extensive real-life practical experience that you can immediately apply to your work activity. Get certified today and start working tomorrow.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this course is to train individuals supervising lead abatement projects concerning safe effective lead abatement methods and procedures including:
- Worker protection and safety
- Occupant protection
- Clean-up and clearance
- Waste disposal
- Resident and community relations
- Regulatory aspects
- Sampling techniques
- Legal and insurance issues
EPA Lead Abatement Supervisor Certification Initial Course Overview
- Role and responsibilities of a supervisor.
- Background information on lead and its adverse health effects.
- Background information on Federal, State, and local regulations and guidance that pertain to lead-based paint abatement.
- Liability and insurance issues relating to lead-based paint abatement.
- Risk assessment and inspection report interpretation.
- Development and implementation of an occupant protection plan and abatement report.
- Lead-based paint hazard recognition and control.
- Lead-based paint abatement and lead-based paint hazard reduction methods, including restricted practices.
- Interior dust abatement/cleanup or lead-based paint hazard control and reduction methods.
- Soil and exterior dust abatement or lead-based paint hazard control and reduction methods.
- Clearance standards and testing.
- Cleanup and waste disposal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional education, experience and training requirements to become a Lead Abatement Supervisor?
Lead-Based Paint Abatement Supervisor
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- One year of experience as a certified lead-based paint abatement worker, or
- Two years of experience in a related field
Do I have to take a Lead Renovator Certification Initial Course if I am a Lead Abatement Supervisor?
Yes, if you are doing work that is covered under the EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule. However, individuals who have successfully completed an accredited lead abatement supervisor course may take an accredited lead renovator certification refresher training course in lieu of the lead renovator certification initial training course to become a certified renovator.
Who administers the lead-based paint activities program?
EPA administers the lead-based paint program only in areas where states, territories or tribes are not authorized by EPA to operate their own lead abatement programs. The states administered by EPA include: Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Wyoming or American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Marianas and Tribal Lands.
All other states have EPA-authorized lead-based paint programs. Additionally, the Cherokee Nation, Lower Sioux Nation, Upper Sioux Community, and Bois Forte Band have EPA-authorized lead-based paint programs.
Real world examples and scenarios were useful. The instructor did great. He walked through the course with pertinent information.
Instructor answered my questions clearly and concisely. Instructor taught with enthusiasm and was a joy to have lead the class.
The whole course was easy to follow and all my questions that I had were answered. I feel that the instructor did a very good job today. No complaints. Easy understanding of what needs to be done.
I recommend this lead certification to others needing the training.
Instructor did an excellent job. Good info. Excellent. 10/10.