Certification as a Lead Abatement Supervisor allows individuals to perform all the duties of a Lead Abatement Worker and additionally to supervise lead abatement work. This Lead Abatement Supervisor Initial training course provides information on lead-based paint abatement, occupant protection and regulatory requirements. In addition to the core topics of the Lead Abatement Worker Class, this course features advanced topics for site supervision, including: effective supervision techniques; specifications and contract documents; regulatory record keeping; regulatory review for supervisors; legal issues; insurance and bonding and supervision of abatement work site activities.
The Lead Abatement Supervisor Initial course is 32 hours and provides in-depth knowledge and instruction on state-of-the-art lead abatement supervisor methods and procedures including extensive real-life practical experience that you can immediately apply to your work activity. Get certified today and start working tomorrow.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this course is to train individuals supervising lead abatement projects concerning safe effective lead abatement methods and procedures including:
- Worker protection and safety
- Occupant protection
- Clean-up and clearance
- Waste disposal
- Resident and community relations
- Regulatory aspects
- Sampling techniques
- Legal and insurance issues
EPA Lead Abatement Supervisor Certification Initial Course Overview
- Role and responsibilities of a supervisor.
- Background information on lead and its adverse health effects.
- Background information on Federal, State, and local regulations and guidance that pertain to lead-based paint abatement.
- Liability and insurance issues relating to lead-based paint abatement.
- Risk assessment and inspection report interpretation.
- Development and implementation of an occupant protection plan and abatement report.
- Lead-based paint hazard recognition and control.
- Lead-based paint abatement and lead-based paint hazard reduction methods, including restricted practices.
- Interior dust abatement/cleanup or lead-based paint hazard control and reduction methods.
- Soil and exterior dust abatement or lead-based paint hazard control and reduction methods.
- Clearance standards and testing.
- Cleanup and waste disposal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional education, experience and training requirements to become a Lead Abatement Supervisor?
Lead-Based Paint Abatement Supervisor
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- One year of experience as a certified lead-based paint abatement worker, or
- Two years of experience in a related field
Do I have to take a Lead Renovator Certification Initial Course if I am a Lead Abatement Supervisor?
Yes, if you are doing work that is covered under the EPA’s Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule. However, individuals who have successfully completed an accredited lead abatement supervisor course may take an accredited lead renovator certification refresher training course in lieu of the lead renovator certification initial training course to become a certified renovator.
Who administers the lead-based paint activities program?
EPA administers the lead-based paint program only in areas where states, territories or tribes are not authorized by EPA to operate their own lead abatement programs. The states administered by EPA include: Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Wyoming or American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Marianas and Tribal Lands.
All other states have EPA-authorized lead-based paint programs. Additionally, the Cherokee Nation, Lower Sioux Nation, Upper Sioux Community, and Bois Forte Band have EPA-authorized lead-based paint programs.
Great instructor. I like his friendliness sand willingness to teach.
Instructor did a fantastic job. He was very thorough. It's always good to learn something new.
The instructor did very well, went into detail about everything. I like that all the information was pounded in our head before the test.
Very detailed. Very well done!
Amazing instructor. She made everything easy to follow and answered all questions.