Individuals seeking recertification as a Lead Abatement Worker must be recertified before your current certification expires if you wish to continue conducting lead-based paint activities. This course provides training for those individuals that will plan to perform lead abatement work. This Lead Abatement Worker refresher training course provides information on lead-based paint abatement and regulatory requirements. Course is delivered in Spanish.
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
December 10, 2017
||Sunday||5:00 am - 1:00 pm||Chicago, IL||$200.00 (USD)||Register|
The purpose of this course is to train individuals to abate lead-based paint hazards safely. This Lead Abatement Worker refresher training course is intended to:
- Comply with EPA or state/Indian tribe training, accreditation, and licensing requirements
- Provide knowledge to do your job properly and safely
- Train you in the laws and practices that apply to lead-based paint hazard control projects
EPA Lead Abatement Worker Certification Refresher Course Overview
- Role and responsibilities of an abatement worker.
- Background information on lead and its adverse health effects.
- Background information on Federal, State and local regulations and guidance that pertain to lead-based paint abatement.
- Lead-based paint hazard recognition and control.
- Lead-based paint abatement and lead-based paint hazard reduction methods, including restricted practices.
- Interior dust abatement methods/cleanup or lead-based paint hazard reduction.
- Soil and exterior dust abatement methods or lead-based paint hazard reduction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Additional education, experience and training requirements to become a Lead Abatement Worker?
Lead-Based Paint Abatement Worker
Who administers the lead-based paint activities program?
EPA administers the lead-based paint program only in areas where states, territories or tribes are not authorized by EPA to operate their own lead abatement programs. The states administered by EPA include: Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, South Carolina, South Dakota, and Wyoming or American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Marianas and Tribal Lands.
The instructor had excellent knowledge in the subject matter. I would recommend this lead renovator course to others that need the training.
The instructor did an excellent job teaching the lead certification course. There was good interaction including the hands on that helped the course go at a steady pace.
Thomas did an excellent job presenting the lead paint training course and was easy to relate to. I recommend this course to other contractors that need to get certified.
The course overall was easy to understand. The instructor provided real world experience and covered the information in sufficient detail that was suited for my own work.