As of 1/1/2016, New York State requires all mold assessors to be licensed by the state. This NY Mold Assessor 32-hour course is designed for individuals who will conduct mold inspection and mold assessment activity. This activity includes mold inspection within a facility and identification of conditions that promote mold hazards. Home Inspectors providing mold assessments also need to receive mold assessor training and be licensed by the state. This New York Mold Assessor course will give you with the certification required to become a licensed mold assessor and conduct effective mold inspection and mold assessment services.
In the State of New York, it is unlawful for any individual to engage in mold inspection and mold assessment activity or to advertise themselves as a mold inspector or mold assessor. Individuals conducting such activity must have a valid mold assessor license issued by the commissioner. Violations could result in fines of up to $10,000.00. Don’t jeopardize your business with costly fines!
Goals for the mold assessor certification course are clearly defined and the curriculum will ensure that individuals understand New York mold assessor rules and regulations. Participants who finish the NY Mold Assessor certification course will gain extensive knowledge of mold inspection and mold assessment protocol to become effective mold assessors. You will develop a keen sense of the systematic process needed to work in the industry.
This NY Mold Assessor certification course will provide you with the training required for you to be proficient at mold assessment techniques designed at targeting mold contamination. These mold assessment techniques include mold investigation and identification, understanding the science of mold and mold growth, and assessing the facility conditions to prevent future growth.
Participants who finish the NY Mold Assessor certification course will receive mold assessor certification. This mold assessor certificate will need to be provided to the state for you to receive your New York Mold Assessor license and begin work as a mold assessor.
Each student enrolled in the NY Mold Assessor course will receive a high-quality educational experience that is relevant to the mold inspection and mold assessment business. Our instructors are highly educated mold specialists and are well versed in mold assessor certification practices. The course is structured around real-life situations to provide students with skills that can be applied to their real-work situations.
New York Mold Assessor Courses are available in several different cities throughout New York State. Get the education needed to take advantage of a career in this growing industry. Set yourself up for success and register for a New York Mold Assessor course today!
Courses have limited space. Register now to guarantee your enrollment!
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.
The purpose of this New York Mold Assessor course is to provide 32 hours of training in mold assessment including:
- Respiratory protection
- Protocol writing
- Post-remediation clearance
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Sampling processes
- Building construction
NY Mold Assessor Training Initial Course Overview
- Introduction, Sources, Conditions and Prevention of Mold Growth
- Potential Health Effects
- Workplace hazards, PPE, Respirators, asbestos, confined spaces, lock out/tag out
- Technical and Legal considerations and Regulations
- Performance of visual inspections for mold.
- Measurement equipment. Moisture meters, humidity meters, particle counters, data-logging, inspection equipment
- Biological Sampling strategies and methods. Sampling locations and techniques
- Sampling methods, bulk, surface, tape, air samples, etc
- State of the art work practices and new technologies
- Documentation, reports writing, field notes, chain of custody forms, etc
- Clearance testing and procedures
- Building construction, building sciences, moisture control, water intrusion events
- Prevention of IAQ problems, improving maintenance, housekeeping
- Basics of HVAC systems, inspection and assessment of HVAC
- Interpreting data and sampling results
- Survey Protocol
- Interviewing occupants, questionnaire development and interpreting results
- Writing mold management plans, mold remediation plans, determining clearance criteria, contract specifications, job cost estimates, liability and insurance costs
- Post remediation clearance testing procedures, review mediation plans
- Case studies
- Overview of how mold remediation projects are conducted. Containment. Air Filtration and protecting the public and occupants from mold and chemical exposure
- Work practices for removing, cleaning and treating mold.
- Requirements for worker protection. Respiratory program. Safety plans. Medical Surveillance
- EPA, NYCDOH, OSHA, IICRC S520
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take the New York Mold Assessor course?
Any business that:
- engages in mold assessment on a project,
- advertises that it is a mold assessment company, or
- holds itself out as a mold assessment company.
AND any individual who inspects or assesses property for the purpose of discovering:
- conditions that facilitate mold, and/or
- any conditions that indicate they are likely to encourage mold.
What are the steps to obtain a Mold Assessor license in New York?
- Attend a DOL approved Mold Assessor course.
- Pass the Mold Assessor course. Full attendance is required.
- The Training Provider for the course will issue a “certificate of completion” to the Licensee.
- Licensee will then submit the application form, appropriate fee and a copy of the “certificate of completion” to DOL.
- DOL will issue the Mold Assessor license, which is valid for two years.
What are the New York applicant requirements for a Mold Assessor License?
- be eighteen (18) years of age or older,
- satisfactorily complete a Mold Assessor Training Course from a Department of Labor approved training provider,
- pay the statutorily required application fee of $150, and
- submit proof of:
- Workers’ Compensation coverage (if required),
- Disability insurance coverage (if required),
- Liability insurance coverage of at least $50,000 providing coverage for claims from the licensed activities and operations performed according to New York State Labor Law Article 32.
How long is a New York Mold Assessor license valid?
New York Mold Assessor License shall be valid for a period of two years.
Great, to the point examples. The teacher had excellent knowledge of real life scenarios.
The instructor was excellent. He was very informative and provided step by step instructions. I would recommend this Lead Certification Class to others that need it.
The instructor was great. He offered complete info that was easy to understand. He is also a Lead Renovator and was able to provided real world applications.
The instructor was excellent and provide lots of helpful information and demonstrations. I would recommend this lead class to others.
The instructor was amazing. Very chill and easy to understand. The instructor was very good with explaining and answering questions. All of the information was understandable. I would recommend this class to others.