About the scholarship
ZOTA Professional Training awards a yearly Environmental Protection Scholarship every August. The ZOTApro Environmental Protection Scholarship Program signifies ZOTApro’s support of protecting the environment and the health and safety of all people. This program is designed to help raise awareness of environmental issues and to recognize the importance of making positive changes to the world in which all of us share.
2017 Scholarship announcement
ZOTA Professional Training is pleased to announce its annual Environmental Protection Scholarship Program 2017 application! A scholarship in the amount of $1000 USD will be awarded on August 15, 2017.
Who can apply to the ZOTApro Environmental Protection Scholarship Program?
ZOTApro believes that all people play a role in protecting the environment. Therefore, this scholarship program is open to all students enrolled in post-secondary education. You are eligible to win the ZOTApro Environmental Protection Scholarship if you meet the following criteria.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in, or accepted into, a post-secondary school in the United States. (This includes any educational institute beyond high school.)
- Applicants must have at least one year remaining in their studies from the application deadline. (Graduation date of spring of 2018 at the earliest.)
ZOTA Professional Training offers this scholarship program to raise awareness about current environmental issues. This year’s scholarship focuses on the impact of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Rule. The RRP Rule is a national rule that applies to construction and renovation activity in pre-1978 housing, schools and daycare facilities. The rule requires Lead Renovator Certification prior to contractors disturbing lead-based paint in these older properties. The RRP Rule was implemented to help protect communities, especially children, from the dangers of lead-based paint poisoning through dust control during these types of projects.
To apply for the scholarship, write an in-depth essay on the following topic:
How has the RRP Rule impacted your life and affected your community? Has the RRP Rule been successful? Please explain. If not, what improvements could be made to help achieve success?
It is important to structure your essay so it is easy to read and understand.
- All essays should be a minimum of 600 words.
- All essays should be structured with an introduction, body and conclusion.
- All essays should have proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Main ideas or thoughts should be broken into separate paragraphs within the essay.
- Each paragraph should include a topic sentence at the beginning followed by supporting sentences.
- Sentences should be structured so they are short, clear and direct.
How to apply
Submit your original personal essay with a minimum of 600 words following all essay requirements by the application deadline.
Submit essay to email@example.com.
To be eligible to win the $1000 USD 2017 ZOTApro Environmental Protection Scholarship, you must submit your application before the deadline of 10:00 pm (CST) on July 31, 2017. All applications must include the following information:
- Your name, address and contact information
- Your post-secondary school and contact information
- Degree program and expected graduation year
- Your original essay uploaded in Microsoft Word or PDF
- A copy of your enrollment status
Scholarship winner selection and announcement
Applications will be judged on the originality and creativity of their essay. Essays must solely be the work of the applicant and plagiarized essays will not be considered. Late applications will not be considered.
The ZOTApro Environmental Protection Scholarship will announce the winner on this page on August 15, 2017. The winning applicant will also be contacted directly on this date as well. Good Luck!
The ZOTApro Environmental Protections Scholarship award of $1000 USD will be paid directly to the awardee’s post-secondary school and must be applied toward costs of tuition, research, books or other appropriate expenses related to their studies. All applicant essays may be posted on this website after the award process is completed.
There are several EPA lead certification requirements you may want to research in support of your essay.
Scholarship winner announced:
2017 ZOTApro Environmental Protection Scholarship winner: Kailee S. of Baylor University